Skip to content

Desktop App

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Fax directory

When I send a fax, it would be convenient if Weave saved a directory of fax #'s -- a list of the Business / Name & Fax #'s to whom we frequently sent faxes. This way, I wouldn't have have my paper list to look-up & manually type the fax # each time...

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

149 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fax directory is now live! You can now save fax numbers as a fax contact for repeated use. You can also send the same fax to multiple recipients. Fax contacts are separate from patient contacts. The ability to edit/delete existing contacts is still forthcoming.

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

2. Fax cover sheet - missing HIPAA notice

Yikes - just realized the Fax Cover Sheet does not contain the federally-mandated HIPAA privacy language that all offices are required to have on any faxed document transmitting protected health information (PHI). This is a major liability and oversight on your part.

https://concord.net/hipaa-compliant-fax-cover-sheet/

Whether you’re new to the world of HIPAA fax regulations, or you’ve just never thought about this question, remembering to always include a cover sheet is easier if you’re aware of how important this step is. Simply put, there are three primary reasons why a cover sheet is important for HIPAA compliant faxing:

Protecting the fax document
    50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently released functionality that saves the last fax memo entered by a user on a given instance of Weave. This way, you can add your own HIPAA disclaimer (or other memo) and have it persist for the next fax you send. We plan to improve this further in the future, so please share your ideas on how we can help streamline your workflow!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

3. Customizable & Dynamic Fax Cover Sheet

We should have the ability to create and upload customizable fax cover sheets. Fax cover sheets could be uploaded as Word doc files so that they can include a company header/footer, contact information, HIPAA notice, etc. They should also be dynamic with fillable field options such as <<TO>>, <<FROM>>, <<COMPANY>>, <<FAX_NUMBER>>, <<NUMBER_PAGES>>, <<SUBJECT>>, and <<NOTES>>.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available to all customers in the new Weave experience! You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

https://www.getweave.com/new-weave-experience/

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

4. Fax Drafts

Good afternoon! I would like to suggest a fix for a reoccurring problem; incoming telephone call interrupting the preparation of a new fax, i.e., if the telephone is answered while preparing a new fax, all of the information that has been typed into the fax will be lost and you have to start all over. Your consideration to this is very much appreciated!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available to all customers in the new Weave experience! You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

5. Fax file size

it would be great is we were able to send Faxes that are more than 25 MB because when we send medical records which can be anywhere from 10 sheets to 200 sheets of paper and that have to be grouped in one file because they have a notary stamp page with it.

it would be great if this system worked more in conjunction with WebPT for scheduling appointment reminders.

this system was suppose make office work easier but it has added a lot of steps compared to what we use to use especially in the faxing area. for example…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available to all customers in the new Weave experience! The file size limit is now 50mb. You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

6. Ability to Edit Fax Directory

I love the new fax contacts, but unfortunately as I was putting in one of the contacts i added the wrong number. I contacted weave help to see if there was anyway to change the contact after it was created and Michelle informed me that it can not be changed right not and to submit feedback in hopes that it would be added soon. Please add editing or deleting current fax contacts! it would be extreamly helpful! Thank you

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. print to fax/ word document to fax

We would like to see changes to the fax feature. Please add a contact list so we can quickly pull up the common fax numbers we use. Also, it would be helpful to use a print to weave fax feature so that we can finish a document and then it will pull up in weave fax to send. Or at least be able to send word documents instead of having to convert them to PDF.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Persist Fax Memo optional

Persistent Fax Memo-
    Please make this optional. We do not like this feature as we do not send the same memo to any outgoing faxes. It has created confusion with some recipients as they received a message that didn't apply. Additionally, I believe this creates greater possibility for HIPAA violations. Compounding the problem is the fact that the entire memo is not displayed in the app if it is longer than just a few lines. It becomes possible to delete only a portion of a previous memo leaving inaccurate or sensitive information on the subsequent fax.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available to all customers in the new Weave experience! There is an improved cover sheet creation flow. You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

9. Fax OVERHAUL

This fax system needs a complete overhaul. Medical office have no option for the common HIPPA compliance notification. This has to be done every time a fax is sent. Impossible to get large faxes to send. Cannot search for fax numbers sent or received in the desktop app. Cannot name common used fax numbers for future use, or store then for this purpose. It seems like the bare minimum

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fax Button on Mobile App

Is it possible to add the fax button to the mobile app? I have apps that will scan to pdf, but can't send a fax when out of the office because there is no button.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give the option to mark read and unread at the same time.

Currently when you click a fax the only option is to "Mark Read". So to mark it unread you have to click out of the fax and then back into the same one before the option to "Mark Unread" appears. When "document options" appear, there should be options to "Mark Unread" and "Mark Read" in the same drop down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I encourage you to try out the new Fax in the new Weave experience! Let me know if this interaction is improved in the new product. You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

12. Cover Sheet only

I would like to be able to fax the cover sheet only at times without attaching a document to the cover sheet. Sometime we are responding to contact lens verifications and there is no attachment to send, only a written message with the patient name and record number.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

13. Fillable PDFs not faxable?!

I see a similar request called "dynamic pdf" which I believe might be asking for the same feature but I believe a better description is needed. We learned the hard way that our faxes were all going out with blank text fields. Apparently Weave does NOT support fillable PDFs. This is pretty crazy as any office I have been in uses these types of PDFs. The recommend solution of printing the PDF (physically or digitally) then possibly scanning and then faxing the resulting PDFs is NOT a scalable process for a business.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is fixed in the new Fax in the new Weave experience! You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

14. Make faxes open full screen/bigger

Faxes open very small and requires multiple clicks and window adjusting to be able to read, they should open to a normal PDF size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available in the new Fax in the new Weave experience! You should have an email with more details on how to check out the new version of Weave, or you can click on the link below to learn more. We're SUPER excited for this new version of Weave - we've worked on this tirelessly for a long time and will be listening to your feedback as we move forward here!

Best,

Matt Schultz

Weave Product Management

15. State the fax size limit in Weave more clearly

In the fax section of Weave, it should say before anyone tries to drag and drop a pdf, jpeg, or png that the file limit is 25mg. Also, if someone tries to drag a pdf, jpeg, or png that is over 25mg, they should receive an error message that their file is too big.

This would've saved me time that I wouldn't have spent talking with support about why I couldn't fax a pdf. I compressed the pdf to around 12mg, and then it worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix the problem of faxes failing to send multiple times

I have spent time addressing this on Weave chat twice in the last two weeks. Case # 1426789 on 7/14/22 and Case #1439798 7/28/22. We are having trouble with some of our faxes failing to deliver with "Receiver call dropped " given as the reason for the failure. We spoke to the receiving end and they are not having issues. This is not happening 1 or 2 times; my Admin Asst estimates she tried 9-15 times. This was for a records request due on 7/15/22 for an audit by an insurance company. That kind of delay makes us look REALLY…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ADD EDIT BUTTON TO FAXES

Please allow us to edit the FAX NUMBERS AND CONTACTS once entered - We have mistakes and there is no EDIT button or delete ***

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to save fax to computer

In the future it would be great to see the ability of routing faxes to a "shared drive" rather than have them sitting in the Weave app. We are all accustomed to working from a shared folder, would be great if they auto populated there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feature suggestion/compliments

I love your product and would pay more to make this a hub for all my patient communications (i.e. HIPAA compliant eFax, electronic signature collection, and secure email for HIPAA documents.)

Y'all are the best!
    Thanks,
    Emmett Pratt

P.S. in my wildest fantasy Weave would be my entire EHR suite

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Viewing Faxes prior to downloading

We want to be able to view our faxes from the app with a viewer without needing to have to download the each fax first. When the fax comes in, it's nondescript and not very convenient to go in and download each fax and then lose track which one we're looking at.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base